There are so many fun things happening around the city for the holidays right now, so I had to share a few of them with you. Maybe I'll run into you at one of these this holiday season! Cheers!!
1. Ice skating and igloos (yes, igloos!) on The Roof at Ponce City Market- Take a date or your family to 'skate the sky" and enjoy breathtaking views of the Atlanta skyline while you skate the night away. Skating is $15 for adults and $8 for kids (5-12 years old), which includes skates, plus rooftop admission. For the first year the rooftop is also offering igloos where you can keep warm while sharing food and beverages with strangers or you can reserve your own private igloo. Private Igloos rent for $500 for 2 hours and hold up to 8 guests. Private rental includes skating for each guest, charcuterie board for the group, a glass of champagne for each guest, and a dedicated cocktail server. Fancy!! All the rooftop details are here: https://skylineparkatlanta.squarespace.com/skate-the-sky
2. Sparkle Sandy Springs- Fun for the whole family awaits you at this FREE event in the heart of Sandy Springs. Sparkle Sandy Springs is a month-long holiday light and art display the whole family will enjoy. Walk through a wonderland of festively decorated six-foot-tall wooden houses, painted by local groups and organizations. The houses, as well as the surrounding area, will be adorned with lights to create a magical, walkable light display. The city's first Christmas tree will be on site too- yay! Get all the details here: https://www.visitsandysprings.org/sparklesandysprings/
3. Garden Lights, Holiday Nights at the Atlanta Botanical Garden- An annual Atlanta tradition continues with new features and crowd favorites, including new music and motion for last year’s buzz-worthy spectacle, Nature’s Wonders. Witness the debut of the Skylights Lounge in the Skyline Garden, plus several larger-than-life plant giants from Imaginary Worlds: Once Upon a Time will be awash in holiday glow. Members save $5 on every ticket to the light show. Check out all the details here: https://atlantabg.org/plan-your-visit/atlanta-garden-calendar/garden-lights-holiday-nights/
4. A Christmas Story pop-up at Red Sky Tapas & Bar in Marietta- Who doesn't want to check this one out?! Eat your heart out ITP-ers! This pop-up will run Nov. 20 – Dec. 31 during regular business hours. The pop-up menu will offer tapas and entrees inspired by traditional holiday dishes including Orange Glazed Smoked Duck Breast with Cranberry Chutney and Turkey Leg Confit with Duck Gravy and cocktails such as Cranberry Mules, Spiked Eggnog and Vanilla Vodka Winter Wonderland. Be on the lookout for a leg lamp, an homage to the movie that inspired the pop-up! for more info and to make a reservation click here: https://www.redskytapas.com/
There are several other pop-ups in the city to enjoy as well:
Miracle on Monroe Christmas Bar in Midtown- https://www.miraclebaratlanta.com/
Miracle on Highland at Parrish in Inman Park- https://www.miraclebaratlanta.com/welcome/
5. Santa's Fantastical in Dunwoody- This is super cool and creative! Santa's Fantastical is a family-friendly interactive wonderland of immersive worlds where the spirit of the season comes alive through live performances, state-of-the-art technology, and Instagram-worthy moments. Located in the old Babies R Us space and open until Christmas eve, this is THE place to take groups, parties, or out-of-towners for some seriously cool fun! Buy tickets here: https://www.santasfantastical.com/
6. Buckhead NYE Ball- Enjoy a live concert, an unlimited open bar, and a luxury hotel all at Buckhead Ball 2018 at the Grand Hyatt Buckhead. This exclusive event will feature performances by Kap Slap, DJ Danny Blanko, and DJ King Tito, as well as a carnaval and silent disco room. Only 250 tickets being sold! Get your tickets today: http://www.exclusivenye.com/
As always Piedmont Park and Atlantic Station will have their ice skating rinks set up and Stone Mountain's Christmas offers lots of fun attractions for the holidays like tubing down Snow Mountain and breakfast with Santa!